Malala Yousafzai, a 16 year old from Pakistan, was shot in the head in 2012, for defying extremists’ policies in her country that banned girls from attending school.
Her only crime? She dared to go to school.
Malala survived the brutal attack on her, and today is an education activist.
Here are some inspiring quotes that remind us, how education can truly make this world, a much more mature place to live in.
1. One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.
2. I don't want to be thought of as the "girl who was shot by the Taliban" but the "girl who fought for education." This is the cause to which I want to devote my life.
3. I don't know why people have divided the whole world into two groups, west and east. Education is neither eastern nor western. Education is education and it's the right of every human being.
4. I don't mind if I have to sit on the floor at school. I want an education and I am afraid of no one. Education is the power terrorists fear most.
5. When someone takes away your pens you realize quite how important education is.
6. Education is the only solution.
7. After the PM presented me with the award and cheque, I presented him with a long list of demands.
If a single young girl like Malala can stir the world to fight for a woman's right to education, why can't the #PowerOf49?
Share this story on
10 Photos That WIll Make You Want To Vote
General Elections 2014 has set the country alight with frenzy. Many of us voted, some never voted, and a few were unable to cast their votes. Let's revisit Elections 2014 - here are 10 images of people who have gone through thick and thin just to be able to vote in #Election2014. Tak
5 reasons why we are such lazy voters
1. We hate standing in queues Election day is a declared bank holiday. So why would we stand in long queues when we could be enjoying ourselves anywhere else? We'd rather wait in a really long line to buy tickets to the latest blockbuster movie… but waiting in a l
8 Ways To Become a Good Voter
Enough has been said about what politicians ‘do or don't’. We, the society, must learn to practice what we preach. Before we point fingers at anyone, we need to ensure that we have...
01 April, 2014
5 Things that will make me proud of Indian Politics
When records are clean 30% of Lok Sabha candidates from leading political parties face criminal charges that range from assault and extortion to rioting, attempt to murder and defam...
21 March, 2014
8 things you should know about General Elections 2014
1. Election Dates – April 7 to May 12 Voting for General Elections 2014 will be held over a nine-day period from April 7 to May 12. 2. Election results on May 16 C...
05 March, 2014
Register to Vote in 3 Easy Steps!
Women make up 49% of the voting population, yet a large number of women are not even registered voters. This year it's time to change that! With the 1st phase of the election starting soon, en...
05 March, 2014