7 MOST INSPIRING QUOTES BY MALALA YOUSAFZAI
Malala Yousafzai, a 16 year old from Pakistan, was shot in the head in 2012, for defying extremists’ policies in her country that banned girls from attending school.
Her only crime? She dared to go to school.
Malala survived the brutal attack on her, and today is an education activist.
Here are some inspiring quotes that remind us, how education can truly make this world, a much more mature place to live in.
1. One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.
2. I don't want to be thought of as the "girl who was shot by the Taliban" but the "girl who fought for education." This is the cause to which I want to devote my life.
3. I don't know why people have divided the whole world into two groups, west and east. Education is neither eastern nor western. Education is education and it's the right of every human being.
4. I don't mind if I have to sit on the floor at school. I want an education and I am afraid of no one. Education is the power terrorists fear most.
5. When someone takes away your pens you realize quite how important education is.
6. Education is the only solution.
7. After the PM presented me with the award and cheque, I presented him with a long list of demands.
If a single young girl like Malala can stir the world to fight for a woman's right to education, why can't the #PowerOf49?
General Elections 2014 has set the country alight with frenzy. Many of us voted, some never voted, and a few were unable to cast their votes. Let's revisit Elections 2014 - here are 10 images of people who have gone through thick and thin just to be able to vote in #Election2014. Tak...
1. We hate standing in queues Election day is a declared bank holiday. So why would we stand in long queues when we could be enjoying ourselves anywhere else? We'd rather wait in a really long line to buy tickets to the latest blockbuster movie… but waiting in a l...
Enough has been said about what politicians ‘do or don't’. We, the society, must learn to practice what we preach. Before we point fingers at anyone, we need to ensure that we have done our bit. Before we get politicians to take their oath to office, let's take our Pledge...
Select categoryWomen empowerment and issues How acts and laws work Elections Know your Police Current Issues Expert Speak Budget
The PowerOf49 Passed Down the Generations. This is a story of four women voters from a single family. A...
When records are clean 30% of Lok Sabha candidates from leading political parties face criminal charg...
In the last General Elections that took place in 2009, an estimated 150 MP’s that stood for election had ...