Currently the police have a voluntary scheme of ‘servant registration’. It is not a mandatory process.

On the police websites of certain states, verification forms are available, which can be downloaded, filled up and then submitted at your local police station along with a photograph and details of the help you have hired.

The forms can also be got at your concerned police station.

JaagoRe Insight:The ‘registration of servants’ is discriminatory to an entire class of people and while we may feel the need to safeguard our families and ourselves against untoward incident, we should do so without hurting the sensitivities of others. One way to do this is to instead of formally registering your domestic help do so with your locality or building association, or keep the detail for your personal record.

Suggested articles

Crime Overview

  The principal duty of the police is to maintain order and keep us safe. An integral responsibility that c...

Duties Of The Traffic Police When An Accident Occurs

A traffic police officer, on witnessing an accident or on receiving information about an accident must immediat...

Documents You Must Carry When You Are Driving