illegal arrest

If one know of a family member or friend being arrested without cause and whose whereabouts are being kept secret by the police, they can file an RTI application at the police station asking for information on the whereabouts of the person.

Since the information is relating to the life and liberty of a person the police are bound to give the required information.

Suggested articles

Procedure For Taking One Into Custody

Steps to be followed when taking an individual into custody   step 1 An Arrest Mem...

Do I Have To File An FIR If I Lost My Driving License?

If your wallet or purse has been stolen or lost and Government documents such as your Driving Licence, PAN Card or s...

Crime Overview

  The principal duty of the police is to maintain order and keep us safe. An integral responsibility that c...