DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION
On purchasing a new vehicle, the owner must apply for registration within 7 days from the date of delivery of the vehicle with the following:
- Filled in Application Form (Form no. 20). The form is available with all registering authorities in every state across the country
- Sales Certificate in original (Form no. 21). This is supplied by the dealer/seller at the time of delivery of the vehicle
- Road Worthiness Certificate (Form no. 22). This is supplied by manufacturer and handed over by dealer at the time of delivery of the vehicle
- Attested copy of a valid Insurance Certificate
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Residence
- Customs Clearance Certificate if the vehicle has been imported
- Challan Receipt
- Affidavit on Rs. 3/- non-judicial stamp paper
- Chassis Pencil print
Police coming to the private residence of a citizen to ‘bust’ or break up a party that is taking place is a common occurrence. In technical terms, there is no ‘busting’ of a house party. The police can only enter a private residence to search the premises or seiz...
People’s homes and offices are private places and so the law requires any authority who wants to invade that privacy give concrete and legitimate reason to do so. If the police wish to enter and conduct a search of a private residence or office then, they must first...
Select categoryWomen empowerment and issues How acts and laws work Elections Know your Police Current Issues Expert Speak Budget
Currently the police have a voluntary scheme of ‘servant registration’. It is not a mandatory proce...
No, not unless the police are arresting you. If the police want to question you about a crime that you mig...
If your wallet or purse has been stolen or lost and Government documents such as your Driving Licence, PAN Card or s...